Safety topic from Episode 2
Aerodromes (EP 2)
- Non-controlled aerodrome, CTAF 126.7
- Sealed RWY 1801m, 14/32
- Cross strip decommissioned
- Avgas available, no self-serve. Refuelling fees apply. See ERSA.
- Significant bird hazard (kite hawks)
- Famous attraction: Min Min Lights www.boulia.qld.gov.au/min-min-encounter-show
- Short walk to town, accommodation available
- Large regional non-controlled aerodrome, CTAF 126.5
- Mix of traffic: RPT, Air Ambulance, charter ops, RAAF aircraft, private & training flights
- Right-hand circuits RWY 34
- Avgas available, 24-hr self-serve. See ERSA
- Parking restrictions – see ERSA
- AWIS available on 07 4743 1391 and VHF 135.8
- Note BLASTING information in ERSA and NOTAMs
- Wildlife and bird hazard; refer NOTAMs and ISA Bird Watch Report
- Weather balloon launches – see ERSA
- Hire cars available at aerodrome.
- Plentiful accommodation in town, 3.4nm to south of aerodrome.